- 3C All-in-One Toolbox
- Other Apps
Task Manager Preferences
Allows setting the refresh rate (default to 10 seconds) and the visual aspect of the task manager, including:
- Font Size from very small to extra-large
- User process color
- System process color
- Background grid color
- Usage bars shown or hidden
- List view settings (which can be set directly in the task manager using the menu).
Here you can define when to kill all non-excluded apps, either:
- when widgets are refreshed (only works when screen is on)
- when the screen is turned-off or on
- when device is unlocked
- when low memory conditions are met
Note that killing system processes or processes that are automatically restarted might results in more CPU/battery consumption.
Here you can activate boot-time settings for:
- CPU governor/frequency
Change the way the CPU frequency is regulated between a defined min/max
- All CPU cores online
Not supported on all phones, increase general responsiveness
- SD read cache size
Change the read-ahead size to improve reading performance
Change IO scheduling during read/write to internal memory or sd card, this can improve or degrade responsiveness of the phone.
- Autokill memory limits
Set the memory limits trigerring an Out Of Memory (OOM) condition that kills apps by category to free memory.
- App boost
Mount the application storage differently to improve access times
Align applications data for better access
Only available on some custom ROM. CPU settings are handled by an integrated kernel deamon to improve performance.
For those you can choose to use system scripts (stored in /system/etc/init.d) if supported by your phone's kernel. Otherwise you can use the default which will apply settings on application start. Using scripts is more efficient so you should try it first.
All those features requires rooted phone!
Recorder (and Analyzer) Preferences
Configure the recorder here:
- Directory to save recorded activity
- Recording rate (low values will consume more and prevent proper analysis)
- Time after which to stop recording automatically
- Whether to show a live graph in the task manager and the process detail screens
- Whether or not to hide analyzer/recorder buttons in the task manager screen
Configure the analyzer to select the CPU utilization level at which to consider process a low consumer and hide it by default. This option is activated by default and set to 0.01%.
All Widget Preferences
Configure here how often to refresh all active widgets.
Note that the refresh takes 20ms for one widget and an additional 10ms for each active widget.
Used to configure the widget from which the application was started.
Each widget can be customized independently to:
- Show a label or not
- Have HTC or Google-like transparent or not background
- A central icon
- Show up-to 3 values in its center or a scaling level on both sides using
- CPU Frequency
- CPU load
- Memory available
- Internal or SD storage available
By default the left scale is hidden and only 2 values are shown, the 3rd value would replace the central icon.
Each widget can be set to trigger 2 independent actions when tapping the widget itself or its label, out of: