Manually granting extra permissions
Since Android 5.0, it's possible to grant extra permissions to apps, that in turn enable extra features.
This permission allows reading battery statistics, used in 3C Battery Monitor and 3C Toolbox. Does not longer work on Android 9 and above starting in October 2019.
This permission allows reading apps' logs, used in 3C System Tuner and 3C Toolbox. In 3C Toolbox it also allows modifying certain behavior like full-screen, rotation and forcing screen-on depending per app.
This permission allows changing system secure settings, used in 3C Toggles and 3C Toolbox. Those settings includes:
- WiFi and GPS localization
- USB storage
- Stay awake (when plugged)
- Unknown sources (installing APK manually)
- Debug mode (ADB)
- Background data
To enable any of those permissions, you will need a PC or Mac and ADB software installed and your device connected through USB.
Running those commands in a terminal or command prompt will enable the extra features listed above:
adb shell pm grant <package_name> android.permission.BATTERY_STATS
adb shell pm grant <package_name> android.permission.READ_LOGS
adb shell pm grant <package_name> android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS
- 3C Toolbox Pro - ccc71.at
- 3C Toolbox - ccc71.at.free
- 3C System Tuner Pro - ccc71.pmw.pro
- 3C System Tuner - ccc71.pmw
- 3C Toggles - ccc71.mtw
- 3C Battery Monitor Pro - ccc71.bmw.pro
- 3C Battery Monitor - ccc71.bmw