Calibration - Measuring total capacity
This screen helps maximize battery capacity and measure its aging. It can also handle multiple batteries and compare them easily.
How to measure total capacity (mAh):
Run a 50% or more uninterrupted charge starting as low as possible.
WARNING: Check this web site for battery aging.
The phone needs to be on and the app recording battery history.
- Start charging as low as possible for better results.
- Increase accuracy by running larger charge cycle (best is 0% to 100%).
Update current/in-use mAh:
- When the measured/estimated mAh is precise enough
- The "Update mAh" opens a dialog where you can adjust the capacity to use from now on.
How accurate is the estimated/calculated mAh?
Reset Aging / Update mV range Reference:
When the aging is incorrect due to incorrect mV reported (by Android).
The "Update references" updates the mV range and resets the aging %
How to change battery:
Turn off the phone.
Change the battery physically.
Start the phone.
Change the battery in the calibration screen of the app.
The app supports 2 types: phones that report measured mA and phones that report estimated mA.
On main and calibration screens, "Estimated:" will replace "Measured:" or "Actual:"
- When estimated it is important to set the AC charger capacity to control the charge process.
- Do not change history logging rate, it will prevent calculating mAh.
Run continuous uninterupted charge cycle.